*This is a collaborative post*
“Self-care is never a selfish act – it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.” – Parker Palmer
Winter comes with festive bells, surreal snow-covered surroundings, and countless reasons to hop on steaming food. Whereas it proves to be a season of good memories and celebration, it does end up messing up your overall health and skin.
How winter ruins your skin?
The world knows the adverse effects of winter on the skin. Winter season reduces the chances of blood circulation and tightens the skin pores making them look dull and dry. Resulting, it leaves rashes, dry skin marks and sometimes minor wounds on the upper layer of skin.
So, what to do?
Beat the unwanted impact of the winter season with some self-care ideas healing your skin and reviving your beauty to the best.
Self-care ways to look beautiful and young throughout winter –
- Hit the gym – It may sound like a daunting challenge, but to remain healthy and beautiful as you are, you need to make efforts and drape yourself in gym wears. If not thorough exercising, at least a cardio session of 45 minutes is a must. Those who find gyming extremely difficult due to reasons like – body weight, health issues, etc. can replace the exercising session with a brisk walk-time. Keep moving in the chilled winter will improve the blood circulation in the body, making you remain active and sturdy all the time. So, now when you know the secret, why don’t you give it a try?
- See what your skin says – Yes! You read that right. Your skin senses everything and conveys its requirements in different ways. For instance – if it’s super dry, you will start feeling unusual itchiness, redness, and painful rashes all around your face, arms, and legs. If you are witnessing such changes in your skin, it is an alarming time saying you need good skincare for the entire winter season now. To help you keep your skin in good shape and texture, use different oils, moisturizers, and body lotions easily available in the market.
- Eat good – Your body and skin is what you eat. So, make sure you eat wisely. It is one of the idealist ways to keep your body warm and comfortable throughout the winter season. Go for warm food items and drinks like – red meat, bananas, butternut squash, have coffee or ginger tea, eat sweet potatoes, oats, etc. Whatever you include in your diet, make sure not to stuff yourself too much as it may end up in acidity. Eat smaller meals with wholesome ingredients and nutrients.
- Water is a must- It’s a natural tendency that people stop consuming required amounts of water in winters as compared to the summer season. The major reason is less thirst and sweat. However, you may not feel thirsty yet consume water. If possible, go for lukewarm water that keeps you warm and comfortable inside out. Another plus point of consuming lukewarm water is, it will leave a radiant glow on your face for sure.
- Roam through the city – Even if you don’t feel like it, try stepping outside your home. Surf the city, explore the outer world and remain in a good mood.
- Rejuvenate yourself – Yoga is one of the best ways to heal your body and calm your mind while attaining the highest level of fitness. Yoga comes with a lot of body benefits, keeping you in good shape. Practice yoga regularly to see some promising results. It has the potential to treat common yet tiresome health issues like – cold, cough, constipation, blood pressure, gastric problems, and much more. To make the most out of yoga, it is advisable to associate with a yoga expert, learn the right body postures, and remain determined.
- Final secret – Self-care is all about keeping yourself in a cocoon. So, hold a cup of coffee or tea and relish your favorite Netflix series. If not this, take a sound sleep that won’t just bring you back in a good mood but will uplift your energy level too.
The bottom line
Self-care comes before anything else in this world, especially when the winter is about to knock your doors. Winter means festive season and no one wants to look uncomfortable in their skin during festivals. So, look for different ideas to soothe your skin, nourish it well, and look your best even in those harsh winters. We believe the above-mentioned self-care hacks would help you remain beautiful and fit as a fiddle.