Welcome to week four of It’s The Little Things. Every week myself and Jodie from Dear Little Daisy take a few minutes to post about all the little things that have made us smile this week. Taking some time to appreciate all the small things that you can so easily take for granted really helps get things into perspective, and it’s lovely to have them all written down to be able to go back to at any point.
I’m flying solo this week as the lovely Jodie is away but we have lots of lovely bloggers joining in with us every week now, so make sure you check out a few of their posts below! Here’s what made me happy this week…
It’s The Little Things
- Friends. This week I have realised how lucky I am to be surrounded by so many amazing people who support each other through everything life throws at them. Friends who would drop anything to be there for another. Friends who can listen and nod and offer advice for as long as you need. Friends who can talk about a load of other crap and totally distract you from any problem you might be facing. It’s so important to have a few of these friends, and luckily I have plenty.
- Music. I just bought a new CD for my car because my thing that plays music from my phone is broken and I can’t afford a new one. It’s a super retro CD from 2003 full of love songs and it genuinely makes me so happy. There’s nothing better than driving with the music up loud, singing along and pretending you’re a rock star in your own music video (it can’t just be me who does that right?!). And don’t even get me started on when Dil sings along too – so adorable.
- Slowing down. I am a huge advocate for getting up and out of the house. Most of our 2017 bucket list is about getting outside, staying indoors drives me crazy. But one day last week we did just that, and it was bliss. We stayed in our pjs, we ate breakfast in bed. We watched films and played puzzles, I even got some work done. That evening instead of feeling claustrophobic or stressed I just felt relaxed and chilled, like it was the perfect way to spend our day. I’ll definitely plan more days like that into our lives!
- Forest walks and muddy puddles – is there anything better?
Last Week’s Favourites
I loved reading all the posts last week because so many people mentioned how much they’ve enjoyed writing their It’s The Little Things posts. It makes me so happy to know that we are encouraging people to appreciate the little things, spending a few minutes thinking about things that you’ve loved over the week can really be beneficial.
I especially loved Becci’s post over on To Aufinity and Beyond. As a single mum I often have people ask “how do you do it?” and the answer is exactly as Becci says, I don’t know any other way. I love Becci’s rundown of what they do and don’t do, and she certainly does have her hands full of love. Pop over and have a read.
Over to you! What have you loved this week? What’s made you smile? Link up your posts below and join the linky party to share the joy of your week.
- Grab the badge below to add to your post, and link it up. One post per week please.
- Check out some of the other posts and feel free to comment, like and share to spread the love and support the community
- We’d love it if you could tweet your link using the linky hashtag #itsthelittlethingslinky – we’ll retweet every post we are tagged in – @dilanandme and @dearlittledaisy
- Check back next week to see which posts were our favourite! We will both share our highlights next week so don’t miss that
- Linky closes at 11pm the following Monday and re-opens every Tuesday at 9am
Thanks for mentioning me as your favourite xxx
You are definitely not alone in singing along to songs in the car! I am always doing this and the cheesier the better! It makes me happy, I know I can’t sing but that really doesn’t bother me. Reuben will tell me off if I’m not singing so I have to to make him happy don’t I?!
Oh yes, I love pj days too. But equally forest walks and muddy puddles sounds amazing! I’m with on the music too. Nothing like a good sing along or boogie woogie! Thanks for hosting #itsthelittlethings
Especially online blog friends 😉 xx
I always feel a new hurts of energy when I make a new cd for the car – especially if it has some retro tunes. Although my retro is more 90s than 00s 🙂