Once you become a mother (and you realise the whole “my child will never watch TV” thing was wildly naive/verging on insane..), you’ll be subjected to a wide variety of kids TV shows; all ranging from mildly entertaining to totally ridiculous. As you get to know the characters and the story lines from your child’s favourites, here’s some questions you’ll definitely start wondering..
Things We Need to Know About Kids TV
- Where the hell are Max and Ruby’s parents?
- Why is Peppa SUCH a bossy cow?
- The onions can talk, the bag can talk, the cake can talk, but one of the main characters, the DUCK from Sarah and Duck can’t talk?!
- What’s the deal with Nanny Plum and The Wise Old Elf in Ben and Holly.. There’s definitely some history/unfinished business there!
- Who built Doc McStuffins a whole hospital?
- Why doesn’t The Man With The Yellow Hat have a name in Curious George?
- Why would a town mayor keep her pet chicken in her handbag? Doesn’t it smell? And why is its name Chicken Letter?
- Why can a hamster be a vet, and a rabbit fly a helicopter, but the tortoise can’t even talk!? Even Mr Potato talks but not the poor tortoise??
- Why is Norman such a bloody knob head in Fireman Sam?! And why hasn’t he been given as ASBO yet?
- How is Flop so patient with Bing?
- How can Mr. Bloom convince kids to eat their veggies, yet also encourages them to meet and be friends with them?
- Why aren’t the zoo animals on 64 Zoo Lane separated by fencing?
- Aren’t Dora’s parents concerned about her exploring the world with nothing more than a pet monkey and a back pack?
- How does Miss Rabbit have so many jobs? Is she related to the Energiser Bunny?!
- Does Iggle Piggle have narcolepsy?
- Why are all the adults in Adventure Bay relying on a kid and a bunch of dogs to solve all their problems?
- Why don’t the family move and not send a forwarding address to Aunt Loretta in Grandpa in My Pocket?
- Why is Postman Pat never given any disciplinary action for opening and often using people’s post, and why does he only deliver ONE thing per episode, and it often takes him all day to do it?!
- Where are Daddy Pig’s parents? Why do we only ever see Mummy Pig’s?! And why does EVERYONE live on top of a hill??
- Why do the Rastamouse girls wear skirts but the boys just wear tops?
- How do Pedro Pony’s glasses actually stay on his face – they sit below his ears?!
- Bing may need a whole section actually… Why are the “adults” smaller than the kids? And why don’t they wear clothes when the kids do? Why can’t Pando keep his pants on? What even is Flop, why isn’t his kitchen accessible for his size and how on earth do they lift baby Charlie out of his pushchair?!
- Why aren’t social services concerned about the Pontipines from In the Night Garden – losing not one but eight children and then going home without them? Or about them having to enter their house through the chimney?
- Does Katie Morag’s jumper ever go in the wash?
- How big actually are the In the Night Garden characters?!
- Why does Big Cook get a normal name (Ben) but Little Cook is just ‘Small’?
- Why would Topsy and Tim’s mum decide to invite the ENTIRE class round for homemade biscuits?
- Why does Ryder never go to school? Where are his parents? And how does he own a huge tower with better gadgets than the secret service?!
- What’s the budget for Mister Maker and why does he get to go to such nice places to do a bit of sticking? And since when does Pritt Stick stick anything that easily??
- How did Abney and Teal get on the island?
- A fire in Bubble Guppies… how?! They are underwater?? And they had to call the fire department to bring a hose with MORE WATER?!
- Why is Number 3 in Number Blocks SO annoying?!
- Why are Pingu’s family always ironing when they don’t wear clothes?
- Where’s Charlie and Lola’s mum??
- Why is Blaze the only one who needs a driver?
- Why can all the Paw Patrol dogs talk, but the cat can’t?
- How do the PJ Masks kids manage to go out every night without their parents noticing?
- Are the Teletubbies orphans?
- Why do the My Little Ponies walk or get lifts when they have wings..?
- Why is a toy spider teaching Tig all the things her parents should be teaching her?
Thanks to many of my fellow bloggers for coming up with some hilarious questions for this post! Alex from Better Together Home, Caroline from Sprog on the Tyne, Amy from Amy and Tots, Catherine from Mama Cat and Baby Bee, Franki from Wonderful Chaos, Hollie from Thrifty Mum, Helena from, Chelsey from In The City Today, Louise from Mummy Miller, Becky from Munchies & Munchkins, Samantha from Porridge & Parenting, Louise from Pink Pear Bear, Chloe from Chloe McLoughlin, Lyndsay-Rose from Being Mum, Being Me, Nyomi from Nomipalony, Emma from The Mini Mes and Me, Jo from Pickle & Poppet, Beth from Twinderelmo, Samantha from Chocolate and Wine and I’ll Be Fine, Cassie from Gorgeous George’s Mama, Nicola from Mummy Wales, Sarah from Digital Motherhood, Clare from Neon Rainbow Blog, Becca from Queen Bee Becca, Jayne from Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs, Kimberly from OddHogg, Emily from Emily and Indiana, Nadine from Then I Became Mum, Tracy from Pack the PJs, Raimy from Readaraptor Hatchling, Sharon from Everyone’s Buck Stops Here and Jess from Jess & Bodhi.
I love this post. All very true too. There are so many unanswered questions in kids telly land.
Brilliant! These shows raise so many questions, mostly the ‘Who on earth writes this shit, and are they high?’
Thanks for including us. These are so funny! Just why!!
Yes yes and yes! I found myself nodding along to all of these. Bing is the one the confused me the most- like you say what even IS flop and why is he so small? Also the ablaze having a driver is one I’ve pondered before! Fab post!
Haha love this, so many questions!
Pingu’s Mum seems to be ironing a towel there. I guess they need to get dry somehow!
It’s chickaleta not chicken Letter lol… how sad am I for knowing that?! Brilliant post, so funny! x
Brilliant list! Sarah and duck are my faves!
Yes, yes yes!! I can’t stand that Mayor in Paw Patrol and mutter awful things under my breath when I see her. Plus, she’s always losing the god damn chicken so not really responsible if you ask me!
Why don’t the drivers in Thomas and Friends stop the trains from doing so many stupid things?
Ha ha – yes! Kids tv is ridiculous when you think about it! Imagine people get paid for thinking it all up! Ha ha! x
Why are all the girls bossy ? Peppa Pig and my pet hate “Little Princess’ – why is she always in a nightie ? I love Katie Morag though… who knew Granny’s could be tom-boys. Great post – fun to read. Flop is wise because Flop is Mark Rylance.
Haha this post is brilliant. There are so many unanswered questions.
I was hoping for answers ha-ha-ha, thanks for sharing this amazing questions i have never seen before.
So True! I have watched all those shows them numerous times, and I still have so many questions unanswered