Welcome to week two of our It’s The Little Things Linky Party. Hosted by myself and the gorgeous Jodie from Dear Little Daisy, here’s where we take a few moments to reflect on all the little things that have made our week special. It’s so easy to take these little things for granted instead of appreciating them for how wonderful they really are. Each week we share our little moments from the past week, and invite you all to link up and share yours too.
Last Weeks Favourites
I loved Catherine from Mama Cat and Baby Bee‘s post last week. We’ve all been the fraught mama with our hands full of bags and children. Hopefully if we ever saw someone in that situation we’d also all be the kind lady who stopped to offer a little much needed help that afternoon.
Emily from Ella’s Abode has been having a rough time lately dealing with a teething babe, so it was lovely to read that things have been a bit better for her and Ella this week. Can you send your dad over to me once he’s done at yours Em?!
It’s The Little Things 2/52
Here’s my little things for this week:
- Zoo trips in the winter – We’ve had season tickets for our local zoo for over a year now, so we usually go at least once a week and I had forgotten how lovely and peaceful it is in the winter. There’s nothing better then getting wrapped up warm in your hats and scarves, getting outside for some fresh air and enjoying the winter sunshine. Even better when the place is almost deserted and we can enjoy private train rides and have the park all to ourselves.
- Watching Dilan become a little boy – I know it sounds silly to say, as he’s obviously always been a person, but he’s really started to become a proper little boy now. With thoughts and opinions and an attitude! He makes me laugh so much, and his vocabulary is so good now we can chat about most things which is really special. Sometimes I just stare at him while he talks, totally in awe of the person he’s becoming, it’s amazing to watch.
- The kindness of others – My heart has been really warmed this week by the kindness shown to us by others. A few kind words or a small gesture can make all the difference to someone’s day as I’ve said many times before. It’s so important to me that Dil understands the importance of being kind and I’ve spent a lot of time teaching him this, so it’s lovely for him to see some kindness returned. We are so lucky to have such lovely people in our lives
Over to you! What have you loved this week? What’s made you smile? Link up your posts below and join the linky party to share the joy of your week.
- Grab the badge below to add to your post, and link it up. One post per week please.
- Check out some of the other posts and feel free to comment, like and share to spread the love and support the community
- We’d love it if you could tweet your link using the linky hashtag #itsthelittlethingslinky – we’ll retweet every post we are tagged in – @dilanandme and @dearlittledaisy
- Check back next week to see which posts were our favourite! We will both share our highlights next week so don’t miss that
- Linky closes at 11pm the following Monday and re-opens on every Tuesday at 9am