We really enjoy baking but it’s definitely not something I’m very skilled at, plus Dil loves to help so there’s little point trying elaborate or complicated recipes. Often when you start looking at allergy friendly recipes you end up having to hunt out unusual and expensive ingredients, or use techniques that take time and expertise. I’m always looking for cheats and shortcuts to help us create delicious baked goods that are still allergen free and toddler proof. When I made these vegan cupcakes for the first time I was totally shocked by how light, fluffy and totally delicious they were, despite being the easiest cupcakes you’ll ever make. Give them a go and let me know what you think, I promise they’ll surprise you!
They do go dry fairly quickly so not great for making in advance – but perfect for a rainy day activity during the typical British Summertime that we are having!
The Easiest Vegan Cupcakes in The World
- 1 packet of basic sponge mix. We used one from Sainsbury’s which was only 30p!! This one from Tesco is perfect too, and it’s even cheaper. If you need a gluten free option this Sponge Cake Mix from Isabel’s is perfect, or try Orgran Vanilla Cake Mix.
- 250ml of soda water – yes. Soda water. I know, trust me. 250ml is based on using the 225g cake mix packet, you will need slightly less if you use Isabel’s gluten free mix.
- Combine the ingredients.
- Whisk until smooth, try to get some air into the mixture but don’t worry too much
- Pour into cupcake cases (we like using an ice cream scoop for this) and bake for 12-15 minutes at 180 degrees
- To test if they are done poke a toothpick in the centre of one cake, if it comes out dry they are finished
- Allow to cool slightly and ice or decorate. Or just shove straight into your mouth and marvel at how light and fluffy they are!
And there you have it, two ingredient, super simple, allergen friendly and toddler proof cupcakes – The Easiest Vegan Cupcakes in The World! What do you think? Leave a comment below if you have a go at them and let me know what you think!
Check out my Fool Proof Dairy Free Buttercream recipe here to finish them off.
If you’re looking for more allergy friendly recipes check out our dairy and soya free recipe section – there’s more cake, cookies, biscuits and more!